Monday

Rays Arithmetic

Dollar Homeschool gave me a copy of Ray's Arithmetic to review as part of the review CREW for The Old Schoolhouse.

Ray's Arithmetic brings back the education from the one-room schoolhouse of the 1800's.  These were the textbooks used before the downward spiral of kicking God out of the public schools.  They delivered an excellent education in math.

The concept in Ray's Arithmetic is that a child masters each topic before moving on to the next.  The child can easily work at his own pace.  These math books focus a lot on mental math.  Although that isn't something that I learned in the public school, thankfully, that is something that my children are learning and excelling at.

Ray's Arithmetic is a consumable product and can be used for multiple children.  That saves a ton of money in the long run! 

  • Covers beginning counting all the way up to Calculus
  • Grades K - 12 all on one CD
  • 38 books total
  • Sample pages
  • Complete book list
  • Only $59 with a 30 day money back guarentee
  • Teacher editions included

One thing that is hard for me to get used to is the print type.  It is the same type that they used in the 1800's.  I guess after a while, I'll get used to it.

There seems to be a much higher level of thinking and teaching in these math books compared to what I am used to seeing. I think Ray's Arithmetic would be a good choice for teaching adults that are behind in math.  It's not dumbed down at all and an adult should feel comfortable using it.

I was not paid to review this product.

No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)