Thursday

A Little About Us and Who Are YOU?


My husband (aka: Hubs, my Super Man) and I (aka: Janet, Latte Lady, the Queen) have been married for 15 years and have 2 cool dudes! They are 14 and almost 12... Boy, are they handsome, too!  We have always homeschooled and love it!

The oldest is laid back. He is into technology, photography, and producing videos. He is good at any sport that he does but doesn't love to do it!

The youngest is our evangelist. He is so outgoing and always wants to invite people to church. He absolutely loves sports, people and church!  If it were up to him, the whole world would be born again and everyone would love basketball as much as he does!

We reside NEAR Chicago, Illinois and visit the city frequently.  We love to go on pick-nicks at Lake Michigan, meet friends at the museums, and serve at homeless shelters / food centers.

I have big goals and dreams and fully expect God to work in me everything that He has set out to do!
I love to homeschool and learn right along with the boys.
My husband is a pastor and I love being his partner in ministry as I lead the worship.

That's it in a nutshell!

What about YOU?  Won't you tell us a little about yourself and your family?

2 comments:

Susan Evans said...

I homeschool, too. My kids are 10, 9, 7, and 5. I grew up as a missionary kid in Guatemala. I found your blog through the Homeschool Lounge.

Carrie said...

I'm so pleased to find your site via The Homeschool Chick! Your energy and enthusiasm for homeschooling is contagious! I'll visit often :) I just celebrated my first year of homeschooling so I consider myself a "newbie". I have four children, 10, 7, 5 and 20-months. I live in the south but was raised in the suburbs of D.C. Have never been to Chicago, but perhaps one day?
Blessings,
Carrie

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)