Friday

Are They Gettin It? Hang In There



Are your kids gettin it?  Not every subject is easy for every child.  I just want to encourage you to hang in there!

At one point Espresso had trouble reading well. I started to sweat it and get worried. My husband and other homeschoolers encouraged me to just hang in there. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and hang in there he'll catch on; AND he did!!


About 2 years later Double Espresso wasn't grasping multiplication. After hanging in there with Espresso, I knew that eventually, Double Espresso would catch on. Sure enough, it was like a light switch was flipped and he caught on.

Sometimes, it is a matter of maturity. Sometimes it is a matter of learning styles. Sometimes it is a matter of giftedness. You may even want to take a break for a little while. Eventually, something will click and your child will "get it".  (Disclaimer: If your child has a disability, I would love to help you find some encouragement!)

If your child is having trouble in a certain area, maybe we can help give you a fresh perspective!

Homeschooling Encouragement

No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)