Monday

Homeschool Schedule Planning ~ Holy Spirit Homeschooling

Copyright 2012 Janet Powers

Missional Mama has a wonderful post "Planning Our Homeschool Year."  She gives a pretty detailed explanation of how she goes about planning.  Check it out; you may find something helpful for your homeschool.

In Missional Mama's post, she asked, "How do you plan?"  So, I decided to take my answer and post it on my blog as well so that it, too, may inspire you.


Our planning goes a little something like this:  I pray and ask God for the right items for our boys then I trust Him.  They are each unique individuals that learn differently. Little by little I come across books/eBooks we already have, companies contact me and give me free items to review that are great for my kids, and lastly, I find free stuff online such as video classes or eBooks.  Before I know it, our homeschool year is set up!  

So basically, I trust God and He does it.  LOL!  

After I get all, or most, of our ducks in a row, I use the TOS Homeschool Planner "daily schedule"  and insert the subjects that I want the boys to do everyday.  After I make their lists, I print it out and they are then responsible for following it.

Now, my boys are older so they are quite capable of following a schedule. I know that the way we do school isn't the way most homeschoolers do it.  ...and that's ok!  It's our homeschool.  ;)  They get the freedom to use the items that we have found, and other resources such as YouTube and the library, to learn the basics that they have to learn (reading, writing, math) and then they get to explore and have some freedom to learn the things that they want to learn.

It works for us!

What works for you?  How do you go about scheduling your homeschool?

Here are some links to other homeschool blogs and how they schedule their days:

Robin Samsons list of blogs:  A Typical Homeschool Day
Highhill Homeschool (American living in Germany): Weekly Homeschooling Schedule
Curriculum Choice: A Visit With Curriculum Choice Authors ~ Our Homeschool Day

1 comment:

Missional Mama said...

Thanks for the shout out! The great thing about homeschooling is that we can all do things a little different. I like how you pull from lots of different places. It sounds fun to me.

Amy @ Missional Mama

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)