Monday

Interesting Stats on Homeschool vs. Public School

Stats interest me, especially stats about homeschooling.  

Here is one that I am particularly interested in.  I suppose it is because my husband and I are in full time ministry. (Or however you want to word that.)


Will your children believe in Jesus when they graduate from high school?
Homeschooled: 94%
Public Schooled: 15%

94% of homeschoolers keep the faith and 93% continue to attend church after the high school years. But a shocking 75% to 85% of Christian children sent to public school drop out of church, and do not hold a Christian worldview after high school graduation.
(Stat quoted from: Christian Home Education)

Look at it this way:
One hundred Christian kids go to public school
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
0000000000
Twenty of them continue in "the faith" or going to church after they graduate.

This stat is astounding!
 Over and over I hear on Christian TV and radio, "Why are our children leaving the faith/church?"

Well, lets look at the facts.  Most of them are being sent to the public school.  What do they learn in public school?  A lot more than educational stuff!  I know this first hand because "I were one!"  LOL.

Sadly, parents actually think that they are sending their kids to school to get an education... to get book smart.  If they think that teachers are only teaching what is in the text book (which can't be trusted these days... times have changed sista!) they are fooling themselves.

How is it even possible for a teacher to teach and not give their opinion.  I wonder if teachers announce that something is their "opinion" every time that they give it so that the child can easily sift through what is said and toss the junk?

I will conclude... for now... with a verse out of Scripture (highlight mine).
Luke 6:39-40And He also spoke a parable to them: A blind man cannot guide a blind man, can he? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher.





Homeschool Domination

Created by: CollegeAtHome.com

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Funny!


And encouraging!

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)