Wednesday

Reasons For Homeschooling


There are just about as many reasons for homeschooling as there are homeschooling families! This is a very personal decision and each family has their own reason or reasons.
WHY HOME-SCHOOL?
*Religious/Moral reasons

*Family togetherness

*Real world socialization

*Lack of peer pressure

*Dissatisfaction with academic instruction

*Child has some sort of special needs

*Freedom from school schedules

*Not tied down to homework

*Hsing provides many kinds of opportunities

*Etc. etc.
I, for one, can say that God led me in the direction of homeschooling.
My reasons change depending on the day! Many of the reasons above are reasons why I choose to homeshool. There was a time that I was against homeschooling and scoffed at the idea. I thought hsing was for weird people who don't come out of their homes for 180 days and are some sort of mutated human. (If that is offensive, I apologize. It truly is the way I thought.) God continued to lead me to read about hsing and I was soon convinced that hsing was for our family.
Some days my reason may include - just to avoid the messes I've seen in public school. Most days one of my reasons are so that I can produce a well rounded child. Many people have many reasons why they homeschool. If you are considering homeschool, you may like to read this article just to get an idea of what reasons other people have. Whatever your reason, I'm sure it is for the betterment of your child and family.


If you are considering hsing, I urge you to do your research, think and pray. You will find plenty of help on this site and others. There is a whole world out there waiting for you and your children to discover!

Helping a man in a wheelchair bowl.






Grab A Link!

My Fave: Benefits To Homeschooling
Homeschooling Stats
Reasons For Homeschooling

1 comment:

Ruralmama said...

Your list humored me a lot since we fall under all of the categories!

I surely can't be the only one! :-)

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)