Saturday

What about "socialization"?


The fact that you are even trying and asking, proves that you are on the right track!!

First let's start with the true definition of "socialization".

According to dictionary.com : “a continuing process whereby an individual acquires a personal identity and learns the norms, values, behaviors and social skills appropriate to his or her social position”

You know, our children are learning exactly those things! My goal is to raise Godly men who are responsible and thriving in their roles of husband, father, brother, friend, son, church member, employee or boss.

In order to reach my goal/God's goal for them, they are interacting with all different people in all of those situations and or places.Our boys get playtime with neighbor kids of all ages, dad, mom, grandparents, cousins, church kids and other families that we schedule field trips with.

If you set goals for your children, you can structure their interaction around those goals!

Do you get hammered with this question? What is your answer?

2 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

I always laugh and say gosh I wish mine weren't as socialized...I need more time and home and we are always on the go. Then if they insist on pushing the point, I ask if they have been in a public school lately, and that I prefer my kids NOT to have that type of socialization.

Beautiful Mess said...

I always say "look at the world-when... since you graduated high school have you socialize with "only" people in your grade?" My son is AMAZING at socializing-whether it is a baby, 2 year old,12 year old, 30 year old or 50 year old... When going to a friends house to visit he doesn't ask "who is going to be there my age" he just goes with it. The park, the store, running errands he is VERY social!

Any one who half knows Hunter know socialization is not an issue with this homeschooled kid :)

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)