Wednesday

Advise for homeschool moms

The Homeschool Classrom


I was reading a post on "The Homeschool Classroom" and she asked, "What tips do you have for mentoring a new homeschooling mom?"

I liked my answer so much that I thought I'd post it on my blog!!  After thinking about it, I'd like to move #4 up to #1!  I'm sure I have much more advise to give and will think more about that and post it later.


Years homeschooled:  I've always homeschooled and my oldest is almost 14.

Advise:  

1.RELAX!!  If you put some effort into it, your child won't grow up not knowing his addition facts.  He's not going to wind up in college not knowing how to read. (Taking into consideration, the disabled child.)

2. You are not going to screw him up for life!  He will turn out just fine when you combine effort for his education with a mother's love.

3.  Make it fun!  Don't forget to take breaks (often) and just have some fun.  The more you do this, learning during fun will come naturally.

4. Last but not least, call on God.  God formed your child while he was in your womb.  Before your child came to be, God knew him.  Since God knows your child so well, He very well may have some good tips for educating him!

Do you have advise to give?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good advise! Relaz is the hardest, I think! It's easy to get caught up...
Thanks for linking up at Home Grown Families Friday Blog Hop! We're following you now!
Tiffany

Rabin said...

These are great tips. I would add to remind children (especially if they are coming out of traditional classroom setting) that they aren't missing out on something, but gaining a whole new set of unique experiences and attentiveness they might not have otherwise.

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)