Saturday

So Many Hats to Wear ~ Chef Hat


Blog Spotlight:  Eat At Home

As a homeschooling parent, things can get kind of crazy around the house!  How do you manage to make sure you put God first,  the kids are educated, the house is clean, hubs/wife is cared for, people go where they are supposed to, AND cook breakfast, lunch and dinner?  (Not to mention the other 500 things you do in a day!)

It is quite a juggling act but I have found something that helps me with the "feeding our faces" part of our day! 

Cooking isn't my favorite activity.  Now, my hubs likes it but I struggle and when he can't do it that means I have get to.

I found this blog called, Eat At Home.  Tiffany, the author of the blog, has done an awesome job putting together wonderfully simple recipes that anyone (even me) can try!  Not only that but she has weekly menus that help me out tremendously!

Here is what I do:

I go through her weekly menus and lists on her sidebar and find recipes for things that I already have in my pantry and fridge.  I print the recipes that I have decided on for the week, and whatever items that I may need, I make a list for.

So simple! 

I even make a quick lunch/dinner list for the week so I can keep track of what we are going to have.  At meal time, I choose from our "MENU", cook, and eat!

Do you do anything special to keep your "menu" from getting stale?

2 comments:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

Thanks so much for sharing about my site! I'm really glad that it's helpful to you. I like cooking, but doing it everyday can be challenging for anyone. It's nice to have a few tricks up the sleeve ;-)

Tracey said...

Thanks for sharing! It looks great!

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)