Tuesday

Encouragement for Homeschooling Moms & Update

I wrote the original article (featured below) several years ago. As I searched through my blog this morning, I stumbled upon it. I chuckle as I read through it.

I want to write an update for you homeschooling mamas with little ones.  It can be a struggle but there IS light at the end of the tunnle!

 UPDATE: My boys are almost 14 and 16 now and reading and multiplication is far behind them.  I'd like to say "that is the least of my worries" but to be honest, I don't have any worries!  Amen!

Espresso is 16 and has turned out to be a wonderful young man.  He just built his first computer from parts that he and my dad bought.  He worked for the money and purchased parts as he went along (over a period of more than a year).  He even used his birthday money and other holiday moneys.  That's right, he didn't blow his money on ANYTHING!  Talk about driven and having a goal in mind.  (...mom smiles...)





Double Espresso is almost 14 now.  Reading is no longer an issue as he is reading many books on his own and he loves it! We are so proud of him as his maturity level and his Spiritual life rises.  His desire for the things of God are inspiring and we can see how God has big plans for him as he matures into an adult.





All of this to "show and tell," there IS HOPE!  Homeschooling parent, I want to encourage you.  You ARE doing the right thing.  All of your hard work, prayers, and time will pay off and probably already has even if you are not aware of it. Blessings abound!  Easier days are ahead.

I'd love to encourage you! Leave me a comment or send me an email.  :) Janet ♥

ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

 
At one point Espresso had trouble reading well. I started to sweat it and get worried. My husband and other homeschoolers encouraged me to just hang in there. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and hang in there he'll catch on; AND he did!!

About 2 years later Double Espresso wasn't grasping multiplication. After hanging in there with Espresso, I knew that eventually, Double Espresso would catch on. Sure enough, it was like a light switch was flipped and he caught on.

Sometimes, it is a matter of maturity. Sometimes it is a matter of learning styles. Sometimes it is a matter of giftedness. You may even want to take a break for a little while. Eventually, something will click and your child will "get it".


If your child is having trouble in a certain area, maybe we can help give you a fresh perspective!


1 comment:

Fatcat said...

It's so true, isn't. I was just writing yesterday about homeschooling lists and my putting personal hygeine on there every day in the hopes that we could stop fighting the shower wars eventually.

Now my kids are 20, 16 and 14 and that is a fond memory. :-)

Also, the worrying about reading and math. The youngest one still worries me a bit with his handwriting, dysgraphia, but I kind of feel that he might get there soon?!

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)