Friday

Book Review: HomeWork

One may think that a "stay at home, homeschooling, business owning mom" would have to be a superwoman in order to be successful. The testimonies in HomeWork- Juggling Home, Work and School Without Losing Your Balance by TOS prove otherwise. These moms are just like all of the moms that we know and love. They have ups and downs, successes and failures. Every chapter is a different stay at home, homeschooling mom who runs an at-home business. As I read each testimony, I was pulled into their world as they explained the reasons why they homeschool and run a business.

Most chapters are broken down into an introduction to their family, why they homeschool, what business they are pursuing, successes and failures and how the business affects their children. The last few chapters have information on keeping books, organizing your finances, organizing your home and work, and helpful websites.

What impressed me about this book was, these are real moms with regular lives just like the rest of us. As a homeschooling mom, I was inspired and challenged as they shared their stories with brutal honesty, gave examples of a typical day at their house, told about their trials, and asked questions to make the reader think.

I definitely recommend HomeWork to other homeschoolers and moms who need some encouragement or are thinking about working from home.

No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)