From their website:
- It's like having your own personal tutor for K-12 math, guiding you through the exercises at your own pace.
- It connects the abstract concepts of math to concrete experiences, with graphical illustrations at each step to help you remember.
- It gives you unlimited practice and detailed explanations.
One thing that I really like is the riddles fun! There is a silly riddle to be solved and after the student answers the problems correctly, he can see what the answer to the riddle is.
MathGalaxy doesn't have a lot of facy graphics to it. It is a plain Atari looking program but after looking at a workbook or textbook, MathGalaxy is going to look really cool! No, it doesn't begin to compare to talking cartoons but it does do the job well. (You can try a demo on their website.)
What I like to do is to use a workbook or textbook and then cover the new concept even further with MathGalaxy. There is plenty of practice with these programs. Another option is to get the eBook for extra practice.
Each program is $24.95.
- Math Galaxy Whole Numbers Fun
- Math Galaxy Fractions Fun
- Math Galaxy Decimals, Proportions, % Fun
- Math Galaxy Word Problems Fun
- Math Galaxy Pre-Algebra Fun
- Algebra Fundamentals
- Whole Numbers Worksheet Generator
- Fractions Worksheet Generator
- Decimals, Proportions, % Worksheet Generator
- Algebra Worksheet Generator
eBooks are only $12.95 each!
- Math Galaxy Whole Number Riddles eBook
- Math Galaxy Fraction Riddles eBook
- Math Galaxy Decimals, Proportions, % Riddles eBook
- Math Galaxy Algebra Riddles eBook