Monday

Light Speed Writing ~ Review




The Cerebellum Corporation gave me Light Speed Writing for AP English Language & Comp. Exam Prep to review.  When I first received it, I didn't know what AP was!  I had to do some digging around on the internet.

AP stands for Advanced Placement.  This is a test given to college students who desire to skip to a higher level or get credits for mastering a subject.  The DVD helps to prepare a student to take the English Language  & Comp. test.  Basically, it's a cram session!

Price:  $14.98 on sale for:  $11.24 (as of May 31, 2010)
DVD plus digital workbook
Grades 9 +

As I watched the DVD, my mind started swirling.  It is very fast paced.  I suppose, that is perfect for kids in high school who are used to fast paced TV shows that switch subjects quickly.  In this DVD, each person speaking says about 4 or 5 sentences and then they switch to another speaker.  That confuses me.

On the other hand, the digital workbook contains notes, quizzes and questions that pertain to this subject and is very easy to understand.  A person's learning style may determine how much they get out of this DVD.

Watch a sample:



















I don't see a need for this DVD in our homeschool as my children are still very young.  I can see how it would be useful for people who need to know more about AP exams.

The Cerebellum Corporation has several other DVDs that teach basics of a subject very quickly.  I think I would love to check out the U. S. History DVD since that isn't a strong subject for me.

Not a paid review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)