Tuesday

Wilderness Territory Water-parks ~ Review from a homeschooling mom's perspective!



All of the official stuff:
Wilderness Territory is a resort located in Wisconsin Dells.  It sits on 600 acres and is America’s Largest Water-park Resort!  We had the privilege of visiting for a whole week and I'd love to tell you about it... from a mom's perspective!

We stayed at the Wyndham Vacation Resorts timeshares. (You can read my review here: Wyndham Review.)  With that reservation, we had full access to the Wilderness Water-parks.  There are many options for lodging at the Wilderness Territory.

A quote from their website:
"The Wilderness Territory has a variety of lodging options that are perfect for any size group or budget. Choose from traditional hotel rooms, 2 and 3 bedroom condos, 2 bedroom vacation villas or our 3,4 and 5 bedroom cabins some which even have home theater rooms. And, of course, Wilderness Waterparks are included for all registered guests!"


My Perspective:  
We went in December right before winter break.  We had our choice of 3 giant indoor water-parks.  (If you go in the summer, you have access to both indoor and outdoor water-parks.)  Since we went at a time that school is in session, we didn't have an issue with crowds.  Even when it seemed to fill up more on the weekends, it wasn't too bad!

From a merely FUN perspective: 
The water-parks were a BLAST!  Now, let me tell you, I am almost 40 and a bit overweight and I was still able to get up the stairs to the water-slides and comfortably go down them!  Ha! (Alright, I admit, I sat on a pool-side chair and read a book every once in a while! Lifeguards are everywhere.)

The wave pool and lazy river were two of my favorite things.  Ok, so there's a lot of floating around in those two "activities."   I really liked the kiddie section where you get soaked on your way UP to the kiddie sized water slides!

From a homeschool mom's perspective:
I think this counts as school!  Your kids can explore in water and actually feel the force it has as it sweeps the lazy river around the room, dumps from a giant bucket in the sky, or instantly throws giant waves into an otherwise calm pool!

Kids can try to guess how many gallons of water dump from the big bucket.  As they sit in the outdoor hot-tub in the middle of winter while it is snowing, they can try to understand why they are steaming even though it is snowing outside!  (To be honest, we stayed in it long enough one cold night to let our hair start to freeze on the ends!)

Our kids (ok me too) loved to walk the long halls and look out the windows at all of the natural beauty outside.  We even saw a small group of deer wander down a path (full of deer prints) next to the frozen creek.  It was so beautifully lined with pine trees and natural rock walls.  This really helps when you are missing the out-doors!

My conclusion:  
This place is the bomb! (That's still a word, isn't it?)  I loved the water slides, lazy river, wave pool and even the little kiddie sections!  Yes, I experienced them all.  There are so many fun things to do that we never had to leave this place all week except to get groceries.

I will be reviewing a bunch of the fun things that you can do when you purchase the Wilderness Wild Fun Pass in another review post.

Here are some photos from our trip:

Family photo in the hot tub while it's freezing outside!


Boys and hubs playing basketball in the outdoor pool.


The boys getting dumped on by the BIG bucket!


I have posted some videos.  You can find them here:

Wilderness Territory Wisconsin Dells Waterpark

No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)