Friday

Nature Journal

Yesterday, I was taking the dog for a walk and happened to look down and see a caterpillar on a bush. I plucked the leaf off and took the little guy home. We put him in a jar and read about how to take care of him.

Today, the boys and I took the dog for another walk and found 2 more caterpillars (all 3 different) on the same bush. We took them home and gave them each their very own caterpillar condo.

I thought it would be neat to make nature journals about what the caterpillars are doing everyday. So far, the first one has eaten 1/3 of his leaf and pooped a nice little pile of black balls! Sorry, TMI!!!
I found this great journal for kids to make at Bringing Up Learners.

I also found some great info on caterpillars.
Parts
How to keep a caterpillar



No comments:

Copyright

Copyright © 2012 Janet Powers

The content (including photos) within this blog are not to be used without my permission.

You are welcome to post about this blog with links back to it, please take a moment to leave a comment and link back to where you did so, I'd love to see your blog or website!

If you would like to use a photo in a reference with a link to this blog, please contact me, and I'd be happy to have you do so with my permission. (Please do not use any photos that contain pictures of kids.)